Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Been Tagged!

 


Our photo files are a mess. It was hard to tell which was the fourth file. We need someone to come organize our photo files for us. Anyway - this photo is the closest I could select to fourth photo of fourth file. Besides - I liked it. Brings back such fond memories of our 2002 trip to Ecualand to retrieve Micah from his mission. Bud was so nervous to go, and I told him I would go without him. I think he believed me, so he caved. Micah was the perfect host and personal translator. Every moment of the trip was perfect. Micah wore us out in Manta - taking us to all of his mission contacts. They all fed us and gave us beverages. We told Micah we couldn't handle another glass of watermelon juice, but he told us to "suck it up," cuz he'd been doing it for 2 years and we could surely handle it for one day. Everyone was so gracious.
The photo is a scenic overlook up near Quito. Quito was not in his mission, but we had permission to take him up there to see the sights (Volcano Alley) before his release. Flying into Quito was quite an adventure. We flew out of Guayaquil, and got up to a decent altitude and then landed - no descent! Quito is at 9,400 feet. We tried lots of different foods, and met wonderful people. I regret not being able to pick Josh and Jared up from their missions. I think we should go to Argentina with Josh & Courtney sometime. And we should visit the Philippines/Oklahoma with Jared & Debbie. Let's go!!
I think most everyone who reads my blog has been tagged. If not, then I tag Dennis, Ritchie, Josh, and any blurker out there who reads, and doesn't leave comments.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

emaalyon said...

Fun times! And I like that you posted this blog at exactly 4:44. =)

Jared and Debbie said...

love the picture and i love the story. i think my favorite part is how you flew up and then landed without coming back down. that's just cool. :) a trip to the phillipines? i'm in. :) jared is always saying how he would like to go back some day.

Shoebox Princess said...

"Blurker"--I like it.

Pyatt said...

That would be a great trip...can you believe all your babies are grown up and married...now you are waiting for grandkids and missions...crazy huh? Lance's oldest daughter is getting baptized on Saturday...so that will be fun to get together there...we need to plan a BIG Stubblefield get together...is LA still a possibility next year?

Pyatt said...

I tagged you Aunt Laurie...check out my blog for complete details!