Sunday, June 1, 2008

We are sad!

 
This will be a difficult post, but I know some of you want to hear about our experience with an angel. Gianna Rae Lyon, our 22nd grandchild came to us on Thursday. She was 10 weeks early and she had a multitude of physical disabilities. She remained with us for 2 days when her mommy and daddy decided to take her off the ventilator and let her go peacefully. We were able to spend about an hour with her before she passed, and got to hold her and kiss her and cherish her. Emily is home from the hospital now, and recuperating at our house. She and Aaron have been so brave, but they are truly feeling the loss of their little girl. Emily's in-laws are at her house holding down the fort with the boys. She will go home in a couple of days when she is stronger and more fit to be around her beautiful little boys. We will have a simple memorial service for Gianna on Thursday.
We are so grateful for this precious little angel, and it was hard to let her go. We are confidant she is in our Savior's loving care now. We are also grateful for the many prayers and outpouring of love and support from friends and family. Megan will put together a pictorial montage in the coming days.
We prayed for a miracle, and we didn't get the one we hoped for, but the Lord gave us many other miracles, as He extended his hand in tender mercies to make the passing bearable.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Dennis said...

This has to be a tough time for you and Bud but more so for Emily and Aaron. I don't know how a family can go through something like this without the gospel and the knowledge we have. I remember when Marilyn died and although I was only 6 at the time I know that I will see her again and have the opportunity to get to know her.

Anonymous said...

please tell me emily and the rest of the family we love her and we are so sorry for all of your loss. Please let us know what we can do to help! Thank goodness for strong families and the gospel. Our hearts go out for you all!

J and C said...

Thanks for posting this and we cannot wait to see more pictures of Gianna. I cannot begin to kow what it must feel like to lose your baby/grandbaby, but I feel as an aunt/sister a great deal of heartache for Emily and Aaron and you and Dad. However, I find strength in your courage to accept God's will for baby Gianna. I too am grateful for the gospel and echo Denny's words that the gospel truly brings us hope and strength to go on. What power there is in eternal families! And to know that she will come back beautiful and whole for Emily and Aaron-always to be their daughter. It reminds me of the feeling I had that day in the Temple when they were married and we all sat there together- all 6 kids and thier spouses and you and Dad and I felt such greatness and overwhelming thankfulness to be a part of your family. Gianna came to Emily because she knew this too, I am sure of that. And, thank goodness for those beautiful boys and you all can go home to love.

Pyatt said...

What a beautiful picture of three generations!! That will be one of those prized possessions to have!! My heart is heavy as I read about Emily and this sweet baby but am also reminded of the bigger plan. I hope and pray that it brings you all the comfort that it brings to us!! We love you and our prayers and thoughts continue to be with you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the picture of Gianna. She is absolutly beautiful. My heart is with you all right now and we have been praying for you guys. Give Emily my love and let her know I am thinking of her. Is there anything I can do to help??? I know that you guys will be a wonderful support to her and Aaron, but if I can help in any way at all I'm just a phone call away.
luv and hugs

Garbett Family said...

What a beautiful memorial service yesterday. The spirit was strong and the love of our Heavenly Father was felt. Gianna may have only been on the earth a short time, but in that time she made all of our lives richer and more meaningful. Our prayers are with all of your family.