Sunday, June 8, 2008

"Thank You" Isn't Enough!

The outpouring of love and concern extended to our family during this time of sorrow is too much for words. Grieving becomes nearly impossible, when you are buoyed by others. Each of my children has played an integral part of support during this whole process. They've each done what they do best - exactly the right thing, at the right time. As the days unfold, we realize just how many miracles, and tender mercies the Lord has manifested in our lives. That we got to have Gianna for 2 days was a miracle.
Her memorial service was perfect. The music was tender, the words comforting and the setting idyllic. As we sang the final verse of the Primary song "Where Love Is" we felt a cool breeze waft through us and knew Gianna had soared. Where love is, there God is also. And with Him we want to be. Show us the way and guide us tenderly that we may dwell with Him eternally.
I found a poem for Emily, which was put to music for the memorial service. It describes her feelings.

My Butterfly

I long to feel the soft weight of you
To welcome you home with kisses
On silky round cheeks.
Instead my arms ache with the
Weight of your absence,
The empty places that were meant for you
To grow into.
My love for you will last an eternity
My hopes and dreams now carried
On the fragile wings of each butterfly
passing
Compelling me to pause,
To savor each moment,
Each flutter in my heart-
Your wings.

Kimberly de Montbrun


Thanks to Megan for the beautiful photos. My favorite is the one of some of the grandkids playing on a nearby headstone. As you can see, my almost 88 & 89 yr old parents were there to bid farewell to their 51st (I think?) great-grandchild.


 
 
 
 

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

J and C said...

It looks like a beautiful service. I am so sorry we could not be there. I see that Micah and Sarah and jared and Debbie made it. That is wonderful. again, we are sad not have been able to attend. I hope you all know our thoughts and prayers have been with you thru the whle ordeal and we are glad we could see Emily in March....

Dennis said...

It looks like a beautiful setting for little Gianna. To see that tiny little casket is so sad. I know this has been a very trying time and please know that our thoughts and prayers have gone out to you and to Emily & Aaron. I have tried to call a couple of times but I guess you must have been with Emily. Gianna fulfilled her mission and is now in the loving arms of her Heavenly Father.

Love,
Denny

Shoebox Princess said...

Hugs to all your family, especially Emily and Aaron and their children. It looks like it was a beautiful service.

And hug Grandma and Grandpa for me, please? I was very grateful (and a little teary) to see them in the pictures.