Tuesday, February 16, 2010

King Cake & Jambalaya

I keep hoping someone else will get the baby in their slice of King Cake, so I don't have to make it again. At least Bud got it, so maybe I will be the recipient of some fall-out good luck. Maybe next year I'll have more people over to improve the odds of someone else getting the baby. The Jambalaya was yummy. I just don't care for de-veining the shrimp. Whoever thought such ugly little things would be good to eat.
Happy Fat Tuesday to Everyone. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. Biblical foundation for this practice comes from Job 42:5-6 "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee. Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes."

 
The Lyons joined us for Fat Tuesday Celebration.

 

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jenni said...

I got the baby last year, but have no idea when fat Tuesday is so I totally forgot. As I said on Facebook, that is what the Catholics get for making the Mormon girl play their games! I also appreciated the scriptural reference.

mastubz said...

Fat Tueday is the last day to party (end of Mardi Gras)before the beginning of Lent. Catholics get all the good holidays. Mormons need to invent a few - like Seagull Day/Cricket Fest, or Far Westival.

meg.. said...

My king cake turned out really yummy this year. I didn't put a baby in though. Wouldn't matter since it was just our family eating it.

mastubz said...

But whoever gets the baby is supposed to have good luck all year!

Dennis said...

Mormons have their own special holiday,Nomrom, celebrated on 27 Dec. Ask Sara about it.

emaalyon said...

We always enjoy celebrating Fat Tuesday with you. Maybe I'll make the King Cake next year. It's so tasty!!