Sunday, January 17, 2010

Me and My Meat


Yes, I'll admit it - I've gone rogue. Sarah Palin has inspired me. If men can pose with the meat they have hunted down and killed, then surely I can pose with the good deals I've hunted down and scored on.
Actually, my daughter, Emily, is my inspiration. She is a champion couponer. The best I've ever done with coupons is to cut them out and watch them disintegrate in the bottom of my purse. When I do remember to dig them out, alas, they've expired.
Well, not this time! I bought 10 Healthy Choice meals with a $5.00 off coupon at Bel Air. At that time, as a "thank you", ConAgra generated two $3.00 off cash register coupons. I saved those puppies in a safe place, then waited for another good deal to present itself. One week later, Bel Air/Raleys was offering a $5.00 coupon off $20.00 of Black Angus Beef - for two days only (one being Sunday, so Saturday was my "hunting" day).
Yesterday, I went to Bel Air armed with my $5.00 store coupon (must register at Raleys.com) and my two $3.00 off ConAgra coupons. I scored $20.00 of fine Black Angus Beef for $9.00.
Too bad I am a Vegetarian!! Not really, but we do eat very little beef.
Today for dinner we had Chef's Choice Filet of Beef from Walmart that cost only $.68. Emily told me about the online printable coupon for $3.00 off these little guys. They were yummy!
Thanks to my husband for humoring me and taking my pic with my meat. At least he didn't have to take me on a helicopter with an expensive rifle to shoot these suckers. Or, I suppose we could have gone with Weezer into the wild and let her scare up some meat. I prefer hunting deals shrink wrapped in cellophane and gleaming under fluorescent lighting.

1 comments:

emaalyon said...

Aw, I so proud! My thrifty momma.