Saturday, January 24, 2009

Call it!

While visiting South Carolina this past week, Jared and Debbie took me to the famous Beacon Burger where you can get a heartattack on a plate. Beacon Burger is famous for visits from Pres Bush, Mitt Romney and other political hopefuls. You place your order with CJ and he yells it out to the cooks in jargon not understandable to the likes of a California girl like me. When the order is complete he yells "Caaawwwllll et!" CJ was kind enough to allow us a photo op. There are billboards around town proclaiming CJ's fame. Ben likes to say "call it," as well. Take note, also, that when ordering a side of slaw and chili, the slaw and chili are IN the burger!
I also learned the locals refer to shopping carts as buggies. "Honey, would ya'll get me a buggy for these here groceries?"




Sorry the "it" is cut off.

We also made a trip to Monkey Joes, a bounce house place and a trip to the snow for some tubing. It was a great trip and I appreciate J & D hosting me. Thanks to Hannah and Ben for all the cuddles and kisses.


1 comments:

Dennis said...

I recently read about a "restaurant" in Chandler, AZ where they serve an 8,000 calorie burger. As I recall it has 4 patties of 1/2 lb hamburger, one onion, a pound of cheese and ketchup. No lettuce, tomatos and no salad bar. They have a fries bar. Maybe Micah can check it out.