Thursday, September 20, 2007

Togetherness

I am joining the blogger world in a feeble attempt at family togetherness. The phone is great, but I find the information stream gets stuck, and I don't have the memory to keep track of who I told what. So, I will try blogging.
I have something new to wear these days - Invisalign!! I got my first trays today. Dr. Reading now does Invisalign, and he offered me a good deal - so I took him up on it. He said I was a good candidate. The correction time is fairly short. I will need a total of 8 trays for the top - 16 week treatment and 17 trays for the bottom. I am pretty sore today, but he said it will get better. I can only take them off to eat, and have to brush before I put them back on. I guess that will cut down on between meal snacking! It takes some skill and pressure to get them off. I am sure I will get better at it, as time goes on. I won't know what to think of my smile without my front tooth sticking out. Surpisingly, it will correct more quickly than the bottom crowding.
We had a lovely rain last evening. Everything is all fresh and clean now. I am glad for fall to be here, but disappointed I didn't get in another swim in the pool. We had a short swim season this year, and I missed out on a lot of it, since I was gone so much. The new pool liner made taking care of the pool much easier.
Grandma and Grandpa are settle in at The Courtyard. No complaints about the food. Today they went on a group outting to the Oroville Fish Hatchery. I am glad this new place offers monthly outtings, as well as trips to Movies 8, and WalMart. I am hoping my errand runs for them will lessen. They are much closer to fetch for Church, too.
I got a chair massage at the mall today. It was WONDERFUL. Those guys really put some muscle into it. Eventhough there was a ton of pressure, it wasn't painful. I love Clarice, but I will have to agree with Jared, as he terms her massage a "professional tickle." It is lovely and relaxing, but not deep tissue.
Okay, Jared, Megan and Andrea, we just need to get you two on board with the whole blogging thing.

2 comments:

stubz said...

I have to wear rubber bands in my braces now to correct my overbite. It's about the same thing - I have to take them out to eat and brush. Somehow I've figured out a way to carefully snack without taking them out though so it's not helping my diet as much as I thought it would.

I think I have 5 months left of the braces. I was supposed to be done in November but the ortho is giving me a few more months.

Anonymous said...

I entered the blogger world in Sept. My mom helped me.